Generator Media + Analytics’ Summer Internship Program is designed to introduce graduated seniors to the fast-paced and exciting world of Advertising and Media. Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best and brightest talent in the industry, and be involved in real account work, learning from the bottom up.
Interns will be fully immersed in our daily work activity and will receive extensive training that will include:
- Consumer Insights and Competitive Brand Data Mining & Analysis
- Development of an Advertising Campaign’s Architecture, including its Media Mix Model and Strategy
- Campaign Activation Across All Touch Points with Emphasis on Digital, Television and Print programs
- Campaign Analysis to Determine the Effectiveness of a Campaign
- Website Metrics
- In Social Media
- Participation in Agency Meetings with Clients and Vendors (ex: Google, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, NBC , etc.)
- Certifications across various planning and activation platforms (ex: Google Ad Academy, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, etc)
Stand out interns have an excellent chance of gaining a permanent position with the agency at the conclusion of the program.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Proof of graduation (or pending graduation) from an accredited 4-year university or college, with a BA or BS degree
- A strong academic (GPA of 3.0 or better), extracurricular, and professional profile
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Be able to work at our Midtown New York City office, Monday-Friday
Internship Program Specifics:
Timing: June 3 – August 29
Compensation: This is a paid internship with an hourly wage
Benefits: $100 per month commutation reimbursement, catered lunches/snacks/beverages, Generator summer party + other events, volunteer initiatives, etc.
Eligibility: This program is designed for college graduates of the Class of 2019. Due to the prospect of gaining full employment with us at the conclusion of the program, we cannot make exception to this requirement.
Please submit the following:
- Resume (including GPA, major, and proof of graduation or pending graduation)
- Cover letter
- A short essay (200-300 word maximum) in response to only ONE of the following questions (that is, choose either: 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b,OR 3). Please include this portion within your cover letter:
- Digital and social media continues to be a huge focus and priority in marketing, advertising and media.
- How do you think social media has changed the way companies interact and/ or build relationships with their consumers and vice versa? OR
- Do you think it’s a positive or negative shift for consumers? For brand marketers? Explain your answer.
- Advertising professionals often describe their jobs as multi-faceted and constantly evolving to keep up with newly emerging consumer trends, new product innovations, a complex customer journey and fierce competition among brands.
- What specifically draws you to the disciplines of marketing, advertising and media? OR
- Pick one current advertising campaign that you feel is “excellent”. Explain why it’s excellent, and what you might do to improve upon it.
- Data driven analytics has become an integral part of the media and advertising industry, allowing for optimizations based on real-time results. What are the challenges you face when delivering results in real-time? How would you ensure quality and accuracy of your reporting?