2018 Summer Internship-Full Time
Generator Media + Analytics’ Summer Internship Program is designed to introduce graduated seniors to the fast-paced and exciting world of Advertising and Media. Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best and brightest talent in the industry, and be involved in real account work, learning from the bottom up.
Interns will be fully immersed in our daily work activity and will receive extensive training that will include:
- Consumer Insights and Competitive Brand Data Mining & Analysis
- Development of an Advertising Campaign’s Architecture, including its Media Mix Model and Strategy
- Campaign Activation Across All Touch Points with Emphasis on Digital, Television and Print programs
- Campaign Analysis to Determine the Effectiveness of a Campaign
- Website Metrics
- In Social Media
- Participation in Agency Meetings with Clients and Vendors (ex: Google, Facebook, Bravo TV, ESPN, NBC, etc.)
Stand out interns have an excellent chance of gaining a permanent position with the agency at the conclusion of the program.
Timing: June 1st - August 31st
Compensation: This is a paid Internship with an hourly wage
Benefits: $100 per month for commutation reimbursement, catered snacks and beverages, Thursday weekly catered lunch, Generator Summer outing + other Summer events
Number of Openings: TBD
Eligibility This program is designed for college graduates of the Class of 2018. Due to the prospect of gaining full employment with us at the conclusion of the program, we cannot make exceptions to this requirement.
Applicants Must Possess:
- Proof of graduation from an accredited 4-year university or college, with a BA or BS degree
- A strong academic (GPA of 3.0 or better), extracurricular, and professional profile
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Be able to work at our Midtown New York City office
Application / Selection Process
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume (including GPA, major, and proof of graduation)
- Within your cover letter, please include a short essay (200-300 word maximum) in response to only ONE of the following questions (that is, choose either: 1a, 1b, 2a, or 2b):
- Digital and social media continues to be a huge focus and priority in marketing, advertising and media.
- Advertising professionals often describe their jobs as multi-faceted and constantly evolving to keep up with newly emerging consumer trends, new product innovations, a complex customer journey and fierce competition among brands.
a) How do you think social media has changed the way companies interact and/ or build relationships with their consumers and vice versa?
b) Do you think it’s a positive or negative shift for consumers? For brand marketers? Explain your answer.
a) What specifically draws you to the disciplines of marketing, advertising and media?
b) Pick one current advertising campaign that you feel is “excellent”. Explain why it’s excellent, and what you might do to improve upon it.